Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

My friends (Monica and Jessica) and I watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps a few nights back... I'm not really a big movie chick - not a fanatic or anything, haven't even seen Iron Man 2 or Star Wars (I was called a LOSER,  or some other word that means the same thing, for not watching Star Wars ever just yesterday by my friend Leica... I totally agree with her) - so I didn't really know what to expect of the movie. But with all the buzz going around about the film, and learning that Shia LeBouef was the actor in it, I knew I just had to watch it...

But I must say - I do enjoy watching movies. I just don't feel compelled to watch movies... Know what I mean? If I miss the chance to watch the must-see film of the year, I'm not going to die or anything. Next time.

I like movies that posts one-liners that make me think. And Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps had a lot of those one-liners. These lines - when said by the characters - I end up repeating in my head... And one of those lines that really hit me is this:

Gordon Gekko: If there's one thing I learned in prison it's that money is not the prime commodity in our lives... time is.


Time flies. And we actually don't always realize that. We put off things thinking I can do it later, when the time is right. Then before we know it, our time is up. We miss our chance. We lose the moment and can never ever get it back. 

I've always believed in seizing each day... Carpe Diem has been my life's motto ever since. I don't really think much about the future. Not to say I don't work towards it... But I don't think much about it. That way, I get to live the present. Get to live life a day at a time. Work on doing my best, each day, everyday. Show the people who are there my best - at least try to. LEARN and be happy about the simple joys and pleasures. Because I don't ever want to wake up one day, old and gray, thinking What the hell did I do with my life? 

No day but today...

No comments:

Post a Comment