Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011... PART 1: 2010 Learnings

New Year's Eve is a BIG EVENT for me... The New Year for me  means having a clean slate... Leave the past behind, learn from it, and move on to better things.

Looking back, 2010 was a good year for me. A few minor emotional episodes, but overall, it was a good year.

2010 was when I started getting smarter when it came to work. I realized the importance of working efficiently and effectively. More importantly, I slowly realized how important it is to delegate because if I want to grow, I will need to rely on a team. 2010 was when I started building that team.

2010 was when I also started thinking about my game plan in life. I never had a game plan, I always just went with the flow. Now, I actually have an idea on where I want to be in the next 2... 3... 5... 10 years. I have yet to write my battle plan and vision board, but I'm slowly getting there. Learning to read my life compass instead of going unprepared in this journey.

2010 was when I travelled to (mostly) new places, in the Philippines and in Asia. Tisha's bachelorette in the Visayas where we visited Cebu, Kota, Malapascua and other islands made me remember how much I love the ocean. Made me remember how much I used to visit the beach to do sports. Gosh, I really miss wakeboarding... I know I am too old to start wakeboarding again, but there are other water-sports I can start getting into in 2011 so that I can be closer to the ocean.

In Asia, I visited Cambodia (Angkor Wat), Vietnam (Ho chi minh and Hanoi), Thailand (Bangkok), Hong Kong and Macau (Twice!). I wonder where 2011 will take me...

Every new year, I look back and reflect. Then, I start writing resolutions.

Up next: PART 2: New Year's Resolutions...

LOVE and LUCK in 2011!

HAPPY 2011!!!
with my Spanish friend, Alex Entrena!
More posts on DECEMBLUR fun later!

No comments:

Post a Comment