Saturday, May 21, 2011

Traces of Eyeliner

I woke up today from a huge night out (okay.. semi-huge) only to find traces of eyeliner leftover from the night before!

At times, the eyeliner really won't come off... I remember this one time in May after an engagement party, had a semi-early meeting with my partner Celine Gabriel-Lim and I really did not have all day to take it off (i tried though, used make-up remover and soap to no avail... i even showered!!!). When I took off my shades, she went "Wow looking good with the eyeliner!" (I guess it did look perfect still... haha!)

A realization struck me this morning when I saw the eyeliner still on and how this was like a life metaphor. We put on eyeliner to look good,  and for me, the act in itself makes me feel good. I only wear eyeliner at night when I know I'll be having a good time. And the next day, when the party is over, i see traces of this make-up and remember traces of what happened the night before.

More often than not we try to hold on to each happy moment knowing that this too will pass. And we are left with memories... Happy ones. But in life, we cannot simply hold on to these memories, we have to keep creating new ones, just like how we need to reapply our eyeliner.

Happy Sunday everyone! :) Many blessings! X

No comments:

Post a Comment